This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/adjective-phrases-exercises-for-class-5/
Adjective Phrases Exercises for Class 5 CBSE with Answers
Adjective Phrases Worksheet With Answers
Phrases can be used like single adjectives to describe nouns and pronouns.
Phrases that are used in this way are called adjective phrases.
Most adjective phrases come after the word they describe.
- Who is the girl with long hair?
- My friend lives in the house across the street.
- Mrs. Malhotra is tall and slim.
- This is the road to Mumbai.
Some adjective phrases come before the word they describe. The words in these phrases are often joined with hyphens. a long-legged bird, an eight year-old child, a well-dressed lady, a ten-cent coin, a fun-loving teenager.
Read the picture story.
Adjective Phrase Exercise
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. Who is Lisa in the story? __________
2. Is Lisa humble or arrogant? __________
3. What does Lisa teach her students? __________
Phrases Worksheet For Class 5 With Answers
B. Fill in each blank with a suitable adjective phrase from the box below.
covered in sweat – awfully bad – older than me
sweet juicy – under the blanket – in the corner
1. The man __________ took a well-deserved break.
2. My brother is __________
3. I love the taste of a __________ peach.
4. The big bug __________ is moving towards me.
5. That old food tastes __________
6. Something __________ was moving.
Adverb Phrases Exercises with Answers for Class 5 CBSE PDF
Adjective Phrases Exercises With Answers
A. Complete the following sentences with an adjective phrase that includes the preposition in brackets.
1. Does this train __________ (to)?
2. They live in a big house __________ (near).
3. Isha’s desk is __________ (opposite).
4. The bucket has a hole. __________ (in).
5. Who is the man __________ (with)?
Adjective Phrases Exercises
B. Complete the following sentences. Write an adjective phrase, using the adjectives in brackets and another adjective linked with ‘and’ or ‘but’. The first one has been done for you.
1. My dog is small but brave (small).
2. His sister’s hair is __________ (black).
3. Our teacher is __________ (strict).
4. Tomorrow’s weather will be __________ (sunny).
5. The museum was __________ (quiet).
Adjective Phrase Worksheet With Answers
C. Underline the adjective phrase in the following sentences.
1. The King wore a crown made of gold.
2. It was an elephant with a white skin.
3. He lived in a house built of stone.
4. That was an act of bravery.
5. It was a night full of horror.
6. The scenery of Switzerland is refreshingly beautiful.