This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Adverb Phrases Exercises for Class 5 CBSE with Answers PDF
- An adverb phrase is a group of words that serves the same purpose as an adverb.
- It starts with a preposition.
- The adverbial phrase answers the same questions as a regular adverb: how/how much, when or where.
Look at the underlined adverbial phrases
- Our friend drives on Mondays.
- Sarita and Nancy will walk on the sidewalk.
- The snake slithers through the tall grass.
- He found his lucky penny in the morning.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. When did narrator’s family reach at the cousin’s wedding? _____________
2. Where did narrator’s cousin set off firework? _____________
3. How did everyone enjoy the barat ceremony? _____________
B. Underline the adverbial phrase. In the blank, write the question it answers.
1. We expect our grandparents to arrive in about an hour. _____________
2. My cousin watches television almost as much as you do. _____________
3. The weatherman says it will rain all day. _____________
4. Your brother plays soccer better than my brother does. _____________
5. The air is cold and fresh early in the morning. _____________
6. ‘Mom will pick us after school is over. _____________
C. Match the sentences to show what each underlined adverb phrase expresses.
|1.||Jyoti placed the chair next to the window.||Manner|
|2.||Rajesh buys flowers for his wife every week.||Time|
|3.||Surfing is a popular sport in the summer.||Purpose|
|4.||It rained hard yesterday.||Place|
|5.||I bought the glue to fix my broken lamp.||requency|
Adverb Phrases Exercises with Answers Pdf for Class 5 CBSE PDF
A. Underline the adverb phrases in the following sentences.
1. She lives in a palatial home.
2. Is there water on the moon?
3. She ran into her room.
4. They chatted for a while.
5. She performed the task with great skill.
6. The desert stretched towards the North.
7. The gun went off with a loud noise.
8. The fishers went sailing over the sea.
9. He lay beside the heap of corn.
10. She whispered in his ear.
B. On each line provided, write a sentence using the given adverb phrase.
1. without leaving home ______________________
2. for more than two hours ______________________
3. according to the teacher ______________________
4. around ten o’clock ______________________
5. during the last century ______________________
C. Fill in the blanks using suitable adverbial phrase from the box.
1. We hurried down the street _____________
2. She was born _____________
3. Gaurav fell asleep _____________
4. _____________ they meet and chat.
5. _____________, I would like to ask you to leave.
6. _____________, they will win the game.
7. He loves you _____________
8. Dolly ran out the door, _____________
9. You sold your car _____________