This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/adverbs-of-degree-exercises-for-class-4/
Adverbs of Degree Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
Adverbs Of Degree Exercises for Class 4
- They tell us how much or to what extent an action is done.
- Very, quite, almost, too, enough, just, extremely are some examples of Adverb of degree.
- They are usually placed before the adjective, adverb or verb.
Adverb of degree Modifying Example Extremely adjective The water was extremely cold. Quite adjective The movie is quite interesting. Just verb He was just leaving. Almost verb She has almost finished. Very adverb She is running very fast. Too adverb You are walking too slowly. Enough adverb You are running fast enough.
Adverbs Of Degree Class 4
Read the picture story.
Adverbs Of Degree Exercises Class 4
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. Who walks too slow? ____________
2. What are almost finished? ____________
3. What is very loud in the theatre? ____________
Adverb Of Degree Exercises
B. Fill in the blanks with suitable Adverbs of Degree.
1. She sings ____________ well.
2. The sea was ____________ stormy.
3. He is ____________ careless.
4. You are ____________ right.
5. Iam ____________ glad to hear it.
6. Are you ____________ sure?
7. He is ____________ ready for the party.
8. We were kind ____________ to offer her shelter.
Adverbs of Degree Exercises with Answers PDF for Class 4 CBSE
Adverb Of Degree Exercises for Class 4
A. Pick out the adverbs of degree in the following sentences.
1. He is very kind to his horse.
2. The newspapers give a fairly accurate account of the matter.
3. I do not want to see too many visitors today because I am extremely busy.
4. You get a wonderfully fine view from here.
5. He draws remarkably well.
6. Yes, he is thoroughly straightforward.
7. These mangoes are almost ripe.
8. I am rather busy.
Adverbs Of Degree Worksheets With Answers
B. Fill in the blanks with suitable adverbs of degree.
Meena’s mother was stricken with diabetesand had to go for dialysis three times a week. Her family was ____________ poor and the medical expenses were a heavy burden on them. Her father worked ____________ hard to make both ends meet. He came home ____________ late every night, looking ____________ exhausted. Meena was worried that her father would fall ill too if he continued working ____________ hard.
Meena being the eldest in the family decided to take up a part-time job to help pay for the medical expenses. As a result, she did not perform very well in her studies. Her teacher became ____________ concerned. After her teacher learnt about Meena’s plight, she decided to help her by organising a school wide donation drive to help raise funds for her family. Meena was ____________ touched by her teacher’s gesture.