On this page, you will find Algebra Class 6 Notes Maths Chapter 11 Pdf free download. CBSE NCERT Class 6 Maths Notes Chapter 11 Algebra will seemingly help them to revise the important concepts in less time.
CBSE Class 6 Maths Chapter 11 Notes Algebra
Algebra Class 6 Notes Conceptual Facts
1. In algebra, we generally use the letters like ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’ ‘d’, ‘x’, ‘y’, ‘z’ or any other symbol to represent an unspecified number.
2. These letters are called ‘literals’ or ‘variables’.
3. Numbers such as 2, 5, 6, -7, 8 etc. are called ‘constants’.
4. The literal numbers obey the four fundamental operations i.e., “+’, ‘x’, V.
5. We can establish some rules in making few geometrical shapes using matchsticks such as 2n, 3n or 5n
where n is variable and 2, 3, 5 are constants.
6. Rules of Arithmetics can also be represented by algebraic symbols.
- Commutative law of addition: a + b = b + a
- Commutative law of multiplication a x b = b x a
- Distributive law over addition a x (b + c) = a x b + a x c
- Associative law of addition (a + b) + c – a + (b + c)
7. Algebraic Expression: Expression like 4x + 5, y – 3, 4z – 3 are called as algebraic expression where x-, y and 2 are variables.
8. An algebraic equation has two sides, left hand side (LHS) and right hand side (RHS), with equal sign (=) between the two sides.
9. The value of the variable in an algebraic equation which satisfies the equation is called a solution to the equation.