Students can access the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Computer Applications with Solutions and marking scheme Term 2 Set 2 will help students in understanding the difficulty level of the exam.
CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Computer Applications Term 2 Set 2 with Solutions
Time allowed: 2 hours
Maximum Marks: 25
- The Question Paper contains three sections A, B and C. Each section is compulsory.
- Section A has 4 questions of short answer type. Each question is of 2 marks. Internal choice is provided in 1 question.
- Section B has 3 questions of Long Answer Type-I (LA-I). Each question is of 3 marks. Internal choice is provided in 1 question.
- Section C has 2 questions of Long Answer Type-II (LA-II). Each question is of 4 marks.
Section – A (8 Marks)
(This section has 4 questions of short answer type. Each question is of 2 marks. Internal choice is provided in 1 question)
What do you understand by the term Newsgroup?
Explain the term web portal. (2)
A newsgroup is an online community bulletin board where groups of users with common- interests can create, post, comment and reply to the topics of similar interests.
A group of related messages is called threads.
Web Portal is a specially designed website that collects information from various sources such as emails, online forums, search engines and provides it on one platform, in a uniform way.
You plan to create a table whose border thickness is 3 pixels, space between cells is 5 pixels and gap between cell and data is 7 pixels. What will be the code for it? (2)
<TABLE border= 3 cellspacing =5 cellpadding =7>
- CELLSPACING attribute is used to specify the space between cells in a table i.e., the distance between two cells.
- CELLPADDING attribute is used to specify the space between the contents of a cell and its border. Both the values are given in pixels
Html Hyperlinks are generally divided into two categories: Internal links and External links. Distinguish between them. (2)
|External Linking||Internal Linking|
|1. To establish a link with an external document is known as external linking.||1. A link that connects the various sections of the same document is known as Internal Link.|
|2. HREF attribute is used with <A> tag to create an external link.||2. Name attribute is used along with <A> tag to create an internal link.|
Anita wants to add an audio as well as video on her webpage. Name and define one tag that can add both. (2)
The <embed> tag is a container for an external resource. It can be used to add both audio and video on a webpage.
The embedded object can be any media clip, file, program or any other application that can be run or viewed from within a web page.
Section – B (9 Marks)
(This section has 3 questions of Long Answer Type-I (LA-I). Each question is of 3 marks. Internal choice is provided in 1 question.)
When Rashi uses Gmail, two protocols SMTP and POP are used. Differentiate between both the protocols. (3)
|1. SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.||1. POP stands for Post Offce Protocol.|
|2. SMTP is a protocol that transfers the mail from the senders computer to the mail box on receiver’s mail server.||2. POP allows to retrieve and organize mails from the mailbox on receiver’s mail server to receiver’s computer.|
|3. It is used for sending the message to the receiver.||3. It is used for accessing message from mail box.|
The latest version used is POP3.
Newsgroups and emails both can be used to communicate. How is newsgroup different from E-mail messages? (3)
|Email is used to send written messages
between individuals or groups of individuals.
|A newsgroup is like a community bulletin board.|
|Only the users marked as recipient can read a mail message.||Every message sent by any user is posted by the news server for everyone to read.|
|We can send/recieve message from any of the mail server applications.||One can send message or read a message on a particular newsgroup for which he/she has subscribed.|
‘E-governance means providing government services electronically. Describe the different types of e-governance services.
Comfy shoes Ltd. has launched their website that has many web pages, each of which renders a certain kind of information. Discuss the types of web pages a website can contain. (3)
E-governance is of four types:
- Government to citizens (G2C): The primary aim of G2C is to supply facilities to the citizens without geographic land barriers.
- Government to Business (G2B): It contains services interchanged between business sectors and government. It plays an important role in business development by easy online access to government project plans for business.
- Government to Government (G2G): It refers to the interaction between different government departments, firms and agencies. G2G builds a common database for all agencies to upgrade their services.
- Government to Employee (G2E): Its main aim is to bring employees together on a single platform to improvise knowledge sharing. It also provides online facilities to the employees for leave application, viewing salary record and checking their balance holidays.
A website is a collection of many web pages. These webpages may be of following types:
- Home page: A home page is a webpage that serves as the starting point of website. It is the default webpage that loads when you visit a web address.
- About page: An About page is a page that displays general information about the person or organization that is responsible for the website. It usually serves a description of the site’s history and mission or purpose.
- Content demo page: A Content page is a page that is associated to the home page of a website. It serves all the information contained in a website. A content page usually consists of text, links, images, audio, animation or videos.
- Register page: Register page is also known as registration or sign up page. It enables users and organizations to independently register and gain access to the website.
- FAQ page: FAQ stands for Frequently-Asked Questions. It is a page on a website that gives quick answers to customer questions. This page is generally included in the business websites.
- Contact Us page: A contact-us page is a common web page on a website for visitors to contact the organization or individual. This page contains one or more of the following items: an e-mail address, phone number, postal address, location, fax number etc.
Section – C (8 Marks)
(This section has 2 questions of Long Answer Type-II (LA-II). Each question is of 4 marks. Question-8 is of case-based type.)
Read the case study given below and attempt any 4 sub-questions (out of 5). Each sub-question carries 1 mark.
Sameer Malhotra is a Public Relations Officer in IDB Bank. His job responsibility is to make new customers for his bank. During work from home period, he made contacts with his customers on phone calls and by emails. (4)
(A) Sameer can send email using his ____________
Explanation: E-mail ID also known as email address is a unique identifier for an email account It is used to send and receive email messages over the Internet.
(B) The customers usually mark such mails as spam. What is spam?
Spam is defined as irrelevant or unsolicited e-mails sent typically to a large number of users, for the purpose of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.
(C) If any customer wants to download the mail sent by Sameer then it can be done from ____________
Explanation: A mail box or inbox is the main folder that stores your incoming mail.
(D) If Sameer wants to send the same promotional mail to multiple customers, then what should he do?
He can give multiple email addresses in ‘To’ field separated by comma.
(E) How can Sameer send a copy of same mail to his senior without letting the customers know about it?
He can give the email id of his senior in ‘Bcc’ field.
Write the HTML code to design the web page as shown below, considering the given specifications. Students can write code for any 4 specifications out of the given 5 specifications. (4)
Observe the following table carefully.
Specification 1: The value of table border should be 3 pixels, and border colour should be blue.
Specification 2: The image named “googlelogo. png” should be added in front of Google.
Specification 3: The image named “Firefox. png” should be added in front of Firefox.
Specification 4: The attribute colspan should be used wherever required.
Specification 5: Use Table header tags wherever required.
<html> <body> <table border="3px" bordercolor = “blue"> <tr> <th colspan = ”2">Search Engine</th> </tr> <tr> <td>Google</td> <tdximg src=“google.png" height=" 50 px" width = "50px" alt="Sorry Image could not be displayed”> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Mozila Firefox</td> <td>img src=”firefox.jpg" height="50px" width="50px” alt= "Sorry Image could not be displayed"> </td> </tr> </table> </body> </html>