Here we are providing Class 6 Civics Chapter 3 Extra Questions and Answers What is Government was designed by subject expert teachers. https://ncertmcq.com/extra-questions-for-class-6-social-science/
What is Government Class 6 Extra Questions Civics Chapter 3
I. Fill in the blanks in the following sentences, with appropriate words.
(1) In a ………………………………….. the people give the powers to the government to make laws.
(2) In a monarchy the ………………………………….. do not have to explain their actions to the people.
kings and queens.
(3) Democratic governments in our times are called ………………………………….. .
(4) ………………………………….. means that all adults have the right to vote.
Universal Adult Franchise.
(5) In India before independence only a ………………………………….. was allowed to vote.
Class 6 Civics Chapter 3 Extra Questions And Answers Question 1.
Why do we need a government? Give two ways.
We need a government to make decisions and get the things done, e g.,
- they can build roads and schools.
- they may think of ways to increase the supply of electricity.
- it runs trains and post and telegraph services.
What Is Government Class 6 Extra Questions Question 2.
Why is it necessary for the government to undertake various activities?
When human beings live and work together, there needs to be some kind of organisation, so that decisions can be made. The government has to undertake various activities because it has to fulfil various needs of the people. The wants are multifarious and they have to be fulfilled. As the science and technology makes progress, the activities of the government increase.
Chapter 3 Civics Class 6 Extra Questions Question 3.
Name some of the rules that apply to everyone.
Some rules have to be made that apply to everyone. For example, there is a need to control resources and protect the territory of a country, so that people can feel secure. Government does this on behalf of the people by exercising leadership, taking decisions and implementing them among all the people living in the territory.
What Is Government Class 6 Questions And Answers Question 4.
Name the three different levels at which the government works.
The government works at different levels :
- At the local level, it means it works in the village, town and locality.
- The state-level means that it covers the whole state like Punjab or West Bengal.
- The national-level relates to the whole country.
What Is Government Class 6 Extra Questions And Answers Question 5.
What are the three main functions of the government?
The three main functions of the government are :
- The government makes laws and everyone who lives in the country has to follows these rules.
- Just like the government makes laws, it also has the powers to see that everyone obeys the laws, to enforce its decisions.
- If the people do not obey the laws, the court can give decisions and orders about what should be done. In the same way, if a person feels that he is being exploited then he can also go to the court.
Ncert Class 6 Civics Chapter 3 Extra Questions Question 6.
Why do you think it is important that people abide by the law? Think of an example.
It is important that people should abide by the law so that all the work can be organised properly. There will be no confusion and everyone will remain within their rights. e.g., It is a law that every vehicle owner should stop at the red traffic light.
If people abide by this law there will be a smooth flow of traffic, with little chances of accidents and even the pedestrians can easily cross the road. If the vehicle owners do not abide by this law, there can be traffic jams and accidents.
Class 6 Civics Chapter 3 Questions And Answers Question 7.
How did the women’s suffrage movement start?
During the First World War, many men were away fighting and women were called upon to do the work, that was earlier done by men. Women began to organise and manage work. The people wondered at their capabilities and abilities. So women were seen as being equally capable of making decisions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are the different levels of Indian government?
(a) State level and national level
(b) Local level and district level
(c) Local level, state level and national level
(d) Village level and state level.
(c) Local level, state level and national level.
2. Which one of the following refers to the government at the local level?
(a) The government in your village, town or locality
(b) The government which covers an entire state
(c) The government which covers the entire country
(d) The government which covers the entire block.
(a) The government in your village, town or locality.
3. Who makes laws in the country?
(a) The government
(a) The government.
4. Who have to follow laws of the country?
(a) The government
(c) Everyone who lives in the country
(c) Everyone who lives in the country.
5. Which of the following are the powers of the government?
(a) To make decisions
(b) To enforce its decisions
(c) To collect revenue
(d) All of these.
(d) All of these.
6. What can the people do if they feel that a particular law is not being followed?
(a) They may approach the court
(b) They cannot do anything
(c) They can increase the amount of taxes
(d) They may approach the foreign governments.
(c) They can increase the amount of taxes.
7. Which one of the following refers to Universal Adult Franchise?
(a) All women in the country are allowed to vote
(b) All handicaps of the country are allowed to vote
(c) All adults of the country are allowed to vote
(d) There is no need to vote in the country
(c) All adults of the country are allowed to vote.