On this page, you will find NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 9 Notes Pdf free download. CBSE Class 6 Social Science Notes Civics Chapter 9 SST Urban Livelihoods will seemingly help them to revise the important concepts in less time.
Urban Livelihoods Class 6 Notes Social Science Civics Chapter 9
CBSE Class 6 Civics Chapter 9 Notes Understanding the Lesson
1. There are more than five thousand towns and twenty-seven big cities in India.
2. Big cities like Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, etc., have more than a million people living and working there.
3. Cities’ streets are always buzzing with activities. The vegetable vendors, flowers seller, newspapers hawker, auto-rickshaws, cobbler, barbershop, pushing carts, cycle trolley, rickshaws pullers etc., are there in city.
4. Many people in cities are doing their own work. They are not employed by anyone.
5. Urban market is a very busy place, and many shops are there like sweet shops, toys, clothes, footwear, utensils etc. There are garment showrooms too.
6. Vendors sell things that are oftem prepared at home by their families who purchase, clean, sort and make them ready to sell.
7. There are around one crore street vendors in India.
8. There are many business persons, they manage their own business.
9. In a survey of Ahmedabad city it was foud that 12% of all the workers in the city were people working on the street.
10. In the urban market there are offices which provide services such as banks, courier and other to the people.
11. There is large quantity of daily wage labourers in the city and work as helpers to masons.
12. Many people are engaged in factories, such as garment factories. They work as a causal labourers. Jobs on casual basis are not permanent, having no security, no proper facility for any mishappening, for old age, medical facilities etc.
13. Call centres are set up in large rooms with workstations including computers and telephones.
14. India has become a major centre not only for Indian companies but also for foreign companies.
15. Working in Call Centres is a new form of employment in the big cities.