Check the below Online Education NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions and Answers The Indian Constitution with Answers Pdf free download. https://ncertmcq.com/extra-questions-for-class-8-social-science/
Online Education for The Indian Constitution Class 8 Extra Questions Civics Chapter 1
(1) The caste system is an example of …………………. .
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions And Answers
(2) The sheep in the region of Ladakh are very important because they produce …………………. .
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Worksheet With Answers
(3) Local versions of the Tibetan national epic is …………………. .
The Indian Constitution Class 8 Extra Questions And Answers
(4) wrote in his travelogue that Muslims were a highly respected community …………………. .
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Short Questions
(5) Our national anthem was composed by …………………. .
The Indian Constitution Class 8 Worksheets With Answers Question 1.
Why was the newspaper boy disappointed?
Newspaper boy was disappointed and the cyclist boy asked for a Hindi newspaper, while he thought the boy will read the English newspaper.
Ncert Solutions For Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions Question 2.
What did the newspaper boy do the next day?
Next day the newspaper boy brought a Hindi newspaper.
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Short Questions And Answers Question 3.
What are communal riots?
When arson, looting, fire and killing break out between two communities due to different reasons it is called communal riots.
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Very Short Questions And Answers Question 4.
Samir Do belonged to which community?
Samir Do was a Muslim boy.
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions Very Short Question 5.
What is inequality? Give one example of inequality.
Inequality comes about when a person does not have the resources and opportunities that are available to other persons.
Samir Do did not have the opportunity to go to school, because his parents are poor and do not have enough to eat and wear.
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions And Answers Pdf Question 6.
What is caste system? Write about it.
Caste system is an example of inequality. According to this, the society was divided into different groups depending upon the work that people did and they were supposed to regain in those groups. So if the father was a potter, the son couch only becomes a potter. This system considered irreversible.
Ncert Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Extra Questions Question 7.
How did the caste system create inequality?
In the caste system, a person could not change his profession, it was not considered necessary for him to know anything more than what was needed in the profession. This created a situation of inequality.
Civics Class 8 Chapter 1 Extra Questions Question 8.
What does diversity add to our lives?
Diversity adds variety in our lives. We learn to do things differently and come to know more about different people. People eat different food, wear different clothes and speak different languages, people narrate different experiences.
Indian Constitution Class 8 Extra Questions Question 9.
How can we explain diversity?
Diversity can be explained in many ways, e.g.,
- Two hundred years before people travelled from one part of the world to another, in ships, on horses or camels or on foot. But after the advent of aeroplanes and trains, buses and cars people want to travel by them as journey is comfortable and takes less time.
- Often people went in search of new lands or for trade. Because it took long to reach the destination, people stayed there for a long time. Sometimes people left their homes because of natural calamities, some went in search of work.
- People come from villages to cities to find work, In cities, it is often easy to forget how their lives revolved around the surroundings. In villages they grow their own vegetables and grain. In the cities, they depend on the market to buy things.
- Sometimes when people make their homes in new places, they begin to change. Their languages, food, music and religion become a mix of old and new.
- Similarly, people have to adapt themselves to geographical surroundings, e.g. „ living near the sea is very different living in a mountainous region.
Class 8 Civics Chapter 1 Short Answers Question 10.
Write about the life of the people in Ladakh, pointing out historical and geographical factors have influenced the lives of the people.
Ladakh is a mountainous country in the eastern part of Jammu and Kashmir. This region does not receive any rain and is covered with snow for large part of the year. Agriculture is not possible under such conditions. There are very few trees that grow here. People get water when snow melts during the summer reason.
People eat meat and milk and its products. People domesticate sheep, which give special wool called the pashmina wool. Ladakh lies on the trade route and has many passes. Caravans travelled to Tibet from here. They carried textiles and spices, raw silk and carpets Buddhism reached Tibet through Ladakh. Islam was introduced by the Arab travellers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did people travel around two hundred years ago?
(a) In ships and on horses and elephants
(b) On camels and foot
(c) By train or bus
(d) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Both (a) and (b).
2. How did people of Ladakh get drinking water?
(c) Melting snow during the summer months
(c) Melting snow during the summer months.
3. Which of the following did caravans carry through Ladakh trade route?
(c) Raw’ silk and carpets
(d) All of these.
(d) All of these.
4. Which of the following is called Little Tibet?
5. Which of the following statement is correct?
(a) The caste system is an example of equality
(b) Our national anthem was composed by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(c) The sheep in the region of Ladakh are very important because they produce Pashmina wool
(d) Local version of the Tibetan national epic is Ibn Battuta
(c) The sheep in the region of Ladakh are very important because they produce Pashmina wool.
6. Which of the following spices are grown on the Kerala hills?
(d) All ot these
(d) All ot these.
7. Who is credited with bringing Christianity to India?
(a) St. Thomas
(b) St. Stephens
(c) St. Francis
(d) Joseph Marry.
(a) St. Thomas
8. Who discovered the sea route to India from Europe?
(a) The Chinese travellers I-Qing
(b) The Portuguese navigator Vasco-da Gama
(c) The Arab invader Babur
(d) St. Thomas
(b) The Portuguese navigator Vasco-da Gama.