This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Compound Words Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Examples with Answers CBSE PDF
Compound Words Worksheet with Answers for Class 2 CBSE PDF
When two small words are joined together, a new word is formed which is called a compound word.
pan + cake = pancake
rain + bow = rainbow
Compound Words Worksheet Practice for Class 2 CBSE PDF
A. Directions: Put the two smaller words together to make a compound word.
1. sun + shine = ____________
2. camp + fire = ____________
3. back + pack = ____________
4. base + ball = ____________
5. sun + flower = ____________
6. rattle + snake = ____________
7. horse + back = ____________
8. skate + board = ____________
B. Find the compound word in each line.
1. I enjoy watching sunrise. ____________
2. There are many milkweed plants near the lake. ____________
3. The doorbell is not loud enough. ____________
4. That is very beautiful butterfly. ____________
5. The overcoat was too big for Sonu. ____________
6. We want to buy a houseboat. ____________