In Online Education conjunction is a word that joins words, phrases and sentences. They are called linkers or connectors also. Words such as ‘and’, ‘but’ and ‘or’ are conjunctions.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/conjunctions-exercises-for-class-4/
Online Education Conjunctions Exercises for Class 4 CBSE With Answers PDF
- A word which joins the two words are called joining words.
- Joining Words are also called Conjunctions.
- And, Or, But, Because and So are also called Conjunctions.
- We use and to connect similar ideas.
- We use but to connect contrasting ideas.
- We use because to show the reason.
- We use so to show the effect.
- We use or to show choices.
Conjunctions Exercises with Answers for Grade 4 CBSE PDF
Conjunction Exercise For Class 4
A. Fill in the blanks with conjunctions and, but and because.
1. Frogs can hop, ____________ they can’t fly.
2. Peter has a fever ____________ a terrible headache.
3. You hãve to speak loudly ____________ can’t hear well.
4. Tom studied hard, ____________ he failed the test.
5. They like to watch soap operas ____________ films on TV.
6. Jim is happy ____________ he won the race.
7. Henri is worried ____________ he is late for an important meeting.
8. She bought vitamins ____________ forgot to buy aspirin.
9. 9. It was expensive, ____________ they gave me a discount.
10. Paul can’t go to work ____________ he has flu.
B. Complete the following sentences using and, or, but, because and so.
1. You can take the blue shirt ____________ the green shirt.
2. She is clever ____________ beautiful.
3. He was poor ____________ he was happy.
4. I worked hard ____________ I wanted to pass the test.
5. I did not want to miss the train ____________ I started early in the morning.
6. He was my friend ____________ I decided to help him.
7. She bought some fruits ____________ vegetables.
8. My sister is tall ____________ I am short.
9. She is hard-working ____________ her brother is very lazy.
10. The dress was beautiful it was expensive.
11. I didn’t buy the dress ____________ it was expensive.
12. I passed the test ____________ I worked hard.
13 Karthik can play the violin ____________ he can’t play the piano.
14. She can have an apple ____________ a mango. She can’t have them both.
15. We can go by bus ____________ by train.