This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Possessive Pronouns Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers
- Possessive pronouns are used to talk about things that belong to a person.
- The words mine, yours, his, hers, ours and theirs are possessive pronouns.
- We do not use an apostrophe with possessive pronouns.
- This book is mine.
- Have you lost yours, Manish?
- This pen is mine and that one is his.
- Sarika has lost her cat. Is this cat hers?
Here is a table to help you remember which possessive pronoun to use with which personal pronoun.
|Singular Personal pronouns||Possessive Pronouns|
|Plural Personal pronouns||Possessive Pronouns|
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. Why doesn’t Molly prefer to go in her mother’s car? _____________
2. Why is Molly confident about her father’s car? _____________
3. Why doesn’t Molly prefer to go in her own car? _____________
B. Which possessive pronoun ¡s used for the following from the story above.
Possessive Pronouns Worksheet for Grade 4 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Write the missing possessive pronouns in the blank spaces to complete the sentences.
1. I chose this seat first so it’s _____________
2. Can we borrow your colouring pens? We’ve lost _____________
3. We live in the city and they live in the countryside. Our house is smaller than _____________
4. John, is this pencil _____________?
5. Nancy is looking for her gloves. Are these gloves _____________?
6. Can Suresh use your bike? _____________ is broken.
7. Rohan got the books mixed up. He thought mine was _____________ and his was _____________.
B. Use a possessive pronoun from the box to complete each sentence.
Possessive pronouns include:
mine, yours, his, hers, its, ours, theirs
1. I bought a new video game. It is _____________.
2. The jacket belongs to David. The jacket is _____________.
3. The cats belong to Mona and Sheila. The cats were _____________.
4. This telephone number belongs to Rupa. It is _____________.
5. You and I live in this house. The house is _____________.
6. My dog is bigger than your dog. The larger dog is _____________.