This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Present Perfect Tense Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
- The present perfect tense shows action in the indefinite past.
- The present perfect tense is also used to show action begun in the past and continuing into the present.
- To make the positive present perfect tense, we use:
– ‘have’ / ‘has’ + the past participle
– We change the past participle by adding ‘ed’ to regular verbs, (for example, ‘play’ becomes ‘played’)
– There are a few verbs that change their spelling when you add ‘ed’ (for example, ‘study’ becomes ‘studied’)
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. Who has never played in the snow? ______________
2. What has Maria got for Christmas? ______________
3. Where has Maria taken her sled? Who has followed her? ______________
B. Rewrite these sentences in the present perfect tense.
- I go to shop.
I have gone to shop.
1. I want to do it.
2. We buy the tickets.
3. My friend arrives now.
4. The team is successful.
5. You throw the cap into water.
6. He delivers the parcel.
7. I cut my finger.
Present Perfect Tense Exercises with Answers for Class 4 CBSE PDF
A. Use the following words to make sentences in the present perfect tense. The first one has been done for you.
1. Snoopy/catch/a mouse. Snoopy has caught a mouse.
2. Arun/play/football ______________
3. I/find/some money in the street ______________
4. Mrs. and Mr. Baker/meet/ an accident/with ______________
5. Robin and Rohan/win /the/tennis match ______________
6. My brother/lose/his keys ______________
B. Complete the following sentences with the correct present perfect forms of the verbs given in the brackets.
1. Mrs. Monika ______________ a fantastic cake, (make)
2. Ditya ______________ a new bike, (buy)
3. I ______________ my little dog. (feed)
4. The pupils ______________ their homework, (do)
5. Mona ______________ her homework, (finish)
Journey Of Present Perfect Tense for Class 4 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Fill in the missing forms of the present tense verbs.
|Verb||Simple Present||Present Continuous||Present Perfect|
|1||Play||I play.||I am playing.||I have played.|
|2||Read||We _________________||We _________________||We _________________|
|3||Buy||You _________________||You _________________||You _________________|
|4||Speak||He _________________||He _________________||He _________________|
|5||Sing||She _________________||She _________________||She _________________|
|6||Meet||They _________________||They _________________||They _________________|
|7||Carry||It _________________||It _________________||It _________________|
B. Look at the pictures. What do you think has happened in the pictures? Choose from the options given below.
go to bed, stop raining, close the door, scenery fall down, have a bath