This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/punctuation-exercises-for-class-3/
Punctuation Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers PDF
- Punctuation marks are signs such as periods, commas and question marks.
- We always use capital letters after periods and question marks.
Period (•) Commas( ‘ ) Question Mark ( ? ) You put a period at the end of a sentence. It is also known as Full Stop. Commas are used to show a brief pause. Use a question mark at the end of a question. I can swim. Good Morning, Sir How are you?
Punctuation Worksheet Exercises for Grade 3 with Answers PDF
Punctuation For Class 3
A. Put the correct punctuation marks and rewrite the sentences.
1. What time is it
2. Good Morning Did you sleep well
3. It is a lovely day
4. we went to paris for a holiday
5. Is he coming today
6. do you know how to speak English
Punctuation Exercise For Class 3
B. Unscramble the words to form a question and a statement. The first one has been done for you.
1. my is favourite basketball sport
Question: Is basketball my favourite sport?
Statement: Basketball is my favourite sport.
2. holiday Christmas favourite is my.
3. those are ready cookies eat to
4. the in yard there rabbit a is
5. is very stove the hot
Uses of Commas and Capital Letters Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers
Uses of Commas
- • We put commas between items in a list.
You need paper, scissors and glue.
She likes reading, swimming, playing basketball and going to the movies.
- We put commas after yes and no.
Do you like football?
Yes, I like it very much.
- We put commas before or after the name of the person we are speaking to.
Hello, Mr. Carter.
Miss Lee, Can I borrow a pencil?
- We put commas before please and thank you.
Could you pass me that pencil, please?
I’ve had enough to eat, thank you.
- We put commas between the parts of a place name.
Chicago, Tower Bridge, London, Athens, Georgia, Washington DC
Uses of Capital Letters
- Use a capital letter to begin the names of people and places.
Dr. Raj, Uncle David, Mexico City, the Great Wall of China
- Use capital letters for initials in someone’s name.
T. K. Lee, J. K. Rowling
- Nationalities and languages also begin with a capital letter.
India, Hindu, English
- Use a capital letter for the first letter in words and phrases that you use for saying Hello and Goodbye.
Read the picture story.
Punctuation For Class 3 With Answers
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. Name the class teacher.
2. Name the essential items for collage making.
3. Name the national symbols.
Worksheet On Punctuation For Class 3
B. Fill in the blanks to make your own lists. Use commas wherever necessary.
1. I will buy ____________ ____________ ____________ ____________ ____________ and ____________ for the craft activity.
2. ____________ ____________ ____________ are my best friends.
3. My favourite games are ____________ ____________
4. My family members include ____________ ____________
5. The subjects that I have to study in grade 3 are ____________
Commas and Capital Letters Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE With Answers CBSE PDF
Punctuation Class 3
A. Put capital letters in the correct places as you rewrite these sentences.
1. have you seen mr. chopra? ______________________
2. can I help with the cooking, mom? ______________________
3. we went to paris for a holiday. ______________________
4. “do you like my new car?” asked uncle david. ______________________
5. we visited new york and saw the statue of liberty. ______________________
6. my friend doesn’t speak english. ______________________
7. they spent christmas in london. ______________________
8. we went to the library on thursday. ______________________
Punctuation Worksheets For Class 3
B. Rewrite these sentences and put commas wherever necessary.
1. We bought tomatoes cauliflower onions and spinach.
2. Teachers parents students and the school authorities must maintain
a good relationship.
3. No that is not the way you do it Ganesh.
4. Sir may I use a pencil?
5. Well I think it is a beautiful day.
6. The room was small dark dirty and stinky.