This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/punctuation-for-class-2/
Punctuation Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Examples with Answers CBSE PDF
Punctuation Worksheet Exercises
- Punctuation marks are signs such as periods, commas and question marks.
- Always use capital letter in the beginning of the sentence.
Period ( • ) Commas( ‘ ) Question Mark ( ? ) The period is used to end a sentence. It is also known as Full Stop. Commas are used to show a brief pause in a sentence. Use a question mark at the end of a question. I can swim. Good Morning, Sir How are you?
Write the punctuation marks in the given blanks from the box to complete the following sentences.
1. He hates cheese
2. Who is your teacher
3. Stop that man
4. Keep quiet
5. Good morning madam
6. Gita are you okay
7. Pawan Deepak and Suman are playing hide and seek
8. Mom bought meat fish and vegetables at the supermarket
9. What is the time now
10. Anu is a pretty girl
Punctuation Worksheets with Answers PDF for Class 2 CBSE
Punctuation Class 2
A. Fill in the blanks with is, am, are, was, were.
1. Tom ____________ in the garden yesterday.
2. The eggs ____________ in the box now.
3. Sugar ____________ the packet.
4. There ____________ hot coffee in the cup.
5. The cookies ____________ on the table now.
6. Three potatoes ____________ on the table.
7. The butterfly ____________ very beautiful.
8. The bread and knife ____________ on the table.
9. The teapot ____________ full yesterday.
10. There ____________ three apples on the branch.
11. I ____________ writing the blackboard sterday.
12. The bottle ____________ full of milk Lyesterday.
13.There ____________ two apples in the tchen.
14. Bill ____________ crying now.
15. Paul ____________ the boat two hours ago.
16. Pam ____________ sitting on the floor now.
17. It very ____________ hot yesterday.
18. It raining ____________ today.
19. The books ____________ new.
20. Mona ____________ a homemaker now.
B. Look at the pictures and put (✗) mark in front of wrong answers.
(1) Eating food ( )
Cooking food ( )
(2) Playing cricket ( )
Playing football ( )
(3) Barking ( )
Yawning ( )
(4) Happy Birthday ( )
Happy New Year ( )
C. Circle the joining words in the following sentences.
1. They walked and played in the park.
2. I like popcorns but my sister likes chips.
3. Mohit hoped to get a baseball or a game for his birthday.
4. Nina knocked at the door but no one answered.
5. We saw clowns, horses and elephants at the circus.
6. Who will go with us? Mita or Gita?
D. Look at the picture and fill in the blanks.
The carpet is on the floor.
1. The bag is ___________ the desk.
2. The elephant poster is ___________ the wall.
3. The clothes are ___________ the wardrobe.
4. The photo is ___________ the clock and the plant.
5. The doll house is ___________ on the wardrobe.
6. The bookcase is ___________ the sofa.
7. The shelf is ___________ the wardrobe.
8. The pencil cup is ___________ desk.
9. The chair is ___________ the desk.
10. The elephant poster is ___________ the panda poster.
E. Choose the correct option to complete the sentences.
1. I like to live in a ___________ house.
Clean ( )
Cleanly ( )
2. Rashi usually sings ___________
sad ( )
sadly ( )
3. Madhuri is ___________
beautiful ( )
beautifully ( )
4. Reena speaks English ___________
Fluent ( )
Fluently ( )
5. Sahil ran ___________
Fast ( )
Fastly ( )
F. Give the suitable question word in the following blanks.
1. ___________ cooks dinner every day?
2. ___________ much does it cost?
3. ___________ do you feel now? Well thanks.
4. ___________ time does class begin?
5. ___________ does the shop open in the morning?
G. Add -ed to the following words.
H. Add -ing to the following words.
I. Punctuate the following sentences correctly and rewrite them.
a. today is my birthday
b. are these your shoes
c. do birds fly
d. mr mathur owns a toy shop
e. she brings pencil sharpner and notebooks for new session
f. good morning how are you
J. Fill in the blanks with the correct word.
1. She ___________ the best chocolate cake in the school. (bake/bakes)
2. Cats ___________ mice. (chase/chases)
3. They ___________ to bed at 10 pm. (go/goes)
4. Amit ___________ the answer to the question. (know/knows)
5. Anu ___________ a lot of work. (has/have)
6. They like to ___________ jigsaw puzzles. (do/does)
K. Write five sentences about the picture. Remember to start each sentence with capital letter and end the sentence with a full stop.