Sentence completion tests your ability to use the information found in complex, but incomplete sentences in order to correctly complete the sentences. Sentence completion tests two separate aspects of your verbal skills: your vocabulary and your ability to follow the internal logic of sentences.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/sentence-completion-exercises-for-class-5/
Sentence Completion Exercises for Class 5 CBSE with Answers Pdf
- Read the notes properly.
- Convert the words according to the tense of the paragraph.
- Use proper helping and main verbs.
- Try to find out the logic in the sentences.
Sentence Completion Exercises With Answers Pdf for Class 5 CBSE
Use the following notes on ‘Newspapers’ and complete the passage that follows.
- Newspapers- give students real education.
- They are real teachers and tutors of a student.
- Provide all kinds of information to people of all ages.
- Students should cultivate a habit of reading newspaper daily.
Newspapers give students a (a) real education. So, they can be called the real (b) teachers and tutors of a student. Through them, every kind of information (c) is provided to people of all (d) ages. The habit of reading a newspaper daily (e) should be cultivated in students in order to have up-to-date knowledge.
Sentence Completion Practice Questions Class 5 CBSE Pdf
A. Rohan was asked to give a speech on ‘Safety on the Road’. He made the following notes. Complete the speech he wrote by taking information from his notes. Do not add any new information. The first one has been done as an example.
Safety On The Road
- Road accidents-cause : carelessness
- Cross road at zebra crossing
- Look right and left, then cross road
- Checking Traffic Signals-safe
- Playing on the road-dangerous
- Should never run on roads-always walk
Dear friends, a very good morning.
Safety on the road is very important. Most of the accidents on road are caused by carelessness. We should cross road at (a) _________. Before crossing the road, we must (b) _________. It is always safe to check (c) _________. It is very dangerous to (d) _________. We should always walk on the road and never (e) _________.
B. Read the notes on Sachin Tendulkar given below. Then complete the paragraph that follows. Do not add any new information.
- One of the world’s best cricketers
- right handed batsman
- has set two world records
- highest number of runs
- highest number of centuries
- had been captain-Indian Cricket Team
- first match played-1989
Sachin Tendulkar was one of the best cricketers in the world. He was (a) _________ batsman. The (b) _________ set by him are of scoring (c) _________ and of making highest number of centuries. He had also been (d) _________ the Indian Cricket Team. He played his (e) _________ 1989. He had been a wonderful cricketer.