This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/sentences-exercises-for-class-4/
Sentences Exercises for Class 4 CBSE With Answers PDF
- A sentence is a group of words in correct order that makes sense.
- Letters form words and words make the sentences.
- A sentence always begins with a capital letter and mostly ends with a full stop.
- A sentence always has two parts. They are called Naming part and Doing part.
- Naming part tells us about people, places, animals and things which is also called Noun.
- Doing part tells what a person, an animal or thing does which is also called Verb.
- Naming part is called the subject of the sentence.
- Doing part is called the predicate of the sentence.
- The subject tells us who or what the sentence is about.
- The rest of the sentence including verb is called Predicate.
- The subject and verb in a sentence must match even when the tense of the verb changes.
- A singular subject must have singular verb.
I am a good student.
Singular subject => singular verb
In the above sentence, ‘I’ is a singular subject and ‘am’ is a singular verb.
- A plural subject must have plural verb. Plural subject = > plural verbs
We are good students.
In the above sentence, ‘we’ is a plural subject and ‘are’ is a plural verb.
- The simple subject of a sentence, is the main word in the complete subject. It is always a noun or a pronoun.
Most birds can fly.
Here ‘birds’ acts as a simple subject
- The simple predicate is the complete verb with in the complete predicate.
Most birds can fly.
Here, ‘fly’ acts as a simple predicate.
Sentences Exercises for Class 4 with Answers CBSE PDF
Sentence For Class 4
A. Add a subject in each sentence.
- ____________ went to school.
The students went to school.
1. ____________ walked to the assembly.
2. ____________ plays on the swings.
3. ____________ eats cereal in the morning.
4. ____________ sang happy birthday!
Make Sentence Class 4
B. Add a predicate in each sentence.
- The children at the park ____________
The children at the park kicked the ball.
1. The student ____________
2. The soccer player ____________
3. My mother ____________
4. My friend ____________
Simple Sentences For Class 4
C. Underline the complete subject of each sentence. Write the simple subject on the line provided.
1. My class went on a field trip to a play ____________
2. My aunt Sarah rode the bus to visit us ____________
3. The library books are due on Friday ____________
4. Can you tell me your name? ____________
5. The yellow, gold and brown leaves are falling from the trees ____________
6. The principal’s brown and white dog lets us read books to it ____________
Words To Make Sentences For Class 4
D. Underline the complete predicate of each sentence. Write the simple predicate on the line provided.
1. The red cup belongs to my friend Mary ____________
2. Jessica tore the wrapping paper into tiny pieces ____________
3. The swimming pool at John’s house flooded last year. ____________
4. The clouds floated peacefully across the blue sky ____________
5. Do you see that red and yellow butterfly? ____________
6. Our team won the game by six points! ____________