This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/types-of-adjectives-for-class-4/
Types of Adjectives for Class 4 CBSE with Answers
Adjectives have three forms. Positive, Comparative and Superlative
- When we want to describe someone or something without comparing them with anyone or anything, we use the Positive or the Base form of adjective.
- When we compare two or more nouns, we often add -r or -er to the describing word to form adjectives of comparison.
- When we compare three or more people or things, we use the superlative form of an adjective by adding -est to the adjective.
- Longer adjectives of comparative form use than and more keywords.
- Longer adjectives of superlative form use the and most keywords.
- Some adjectives change their forms completely in the comparative and superlative form. These are called Irregular degrees of comparison.
List of Comparative and Superlative forms
List of Longer Comparative and Superlative adjectives
|Difficult||More difficult||Most difficult|
|Expensive||More expensive||Most expensive|
|Precious||More precious||Most precious|
|Delicious||More delicious||Most delicious|
|Beautiful||More beautiful||Most beautiful|
|Comfortable||More comfortable||Most comfortable|
|Exciting||More exciting||Most exciting|
|Interesting||More interesting||Most interesting|
|Handsome||More handsome||Most handsome|
|Wonderful||More wonderful||Most wonderful|
List of Irregular Comparative and Superlative forms
Types Of Adjectives
Read the picture story.
Adjectives Class 4
A. Answer the following questions from the story above.
1. In the story the weather is good or bad in the morning? ___________
2. How is the weather after the sun comes out? ___________
3. Write the comparative and superlative form of word ‘Good’ from the story above? ___________
Adjective For Class 4
B. Fill in the correct form (comparative or superlative) of the words given in the brackets.
1. My house is (big) ___________ than yours.
2. This flower is (beautiful) ___________ than that one.
3. This is the (interesting) ___________ book I have ever read.
4. Non-smokers usually live (long) ___________ than smokers.
5. Which is the (dangerous) ___________ animal in the world?
6. A holiday by the sea is (good) ___________ than a holiday in the mountains.
7. It is strange that fruit juice is (expensive) ___________ than a cold drink.
8. Who is the (rich) ___________ woman on the earth?
9. The weather this summer is even (bad) ___________ than last summer.
10. He was the (clever) ___________ thief of all.
Kinds of Adjectives Worksheets for Grade 4 with Answers CBSE PDF
Types Of Adjectives For Class 4
A. Pick the correct adjective given in the brackets to complete each sentence.
1. Mohit is ___________ than Rohan. (old, older, oldest)
2. That is a very ___________ car. (small, smaller, smallest)
3. The Mount Everest is the ___________ mountain in the world. (high, higher, highest)
4. This is the ___________ blanket in the house. (warm, warmer, warmest)
5. Maya is ___________ than Madhu right now. (happy, happier, happiest)
6. That was the ___________ pizza I’ve ever eaten. (big, bigger, biggest)
7. Kamla ran ___________ than I. (fast, faster, fastest)
8. January is the ___________ month of the year. (cold, colder, coldest)
9. That is a very ___________ fishing pole. (long, longer, longest)
10. Mr. Sharma is the ___________ teacher in the school. (nice, nicer, nicest)
Degree Of Adjectives For Class 4
B. Choose the correct words from the brackets to complete each sentence. Write the words in the given spaces.
1. This is the ___________ chicken I’ve ever eaten, (more delicious, most delicious)
2. Football is the ___________ sport of all. (more exciting, most exciting)
3. The moon looks ___________ today than yesterday, (more beautiful, most beautiful) Nancy is
4. Nancy is ___________ than her sister. (more excited, most excited)
5. That’s the ___________ homework we have been assigned this week. (more difficult, most difficult)
6. Basketball is a ___________ sport than fishing. (more tiring, most tiring)
7. Winter is the ___________ season of all. (more wonderful, most wonderful)
8. Bobby is ___________ than Jimmy. (more well-behaved, most well-behaved)