This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/types-of-sentences-exercises-for-class-4/
Types Of Sentences Exercises for Class 4 CBSE with Answers PDF
- There are five types of sentences- Assertive or declarative. Negative, Interrogative, Imperative and Exclamatory.
- The declarative or assertive sentence merely makes a statement. It ends with full stop(.).
- The negative sentence expresses a negative statement, using not or never.
- The interrogative sentence asks a question. It ends with question mark(?)
- The imperative sentence expresses a command, order or request.
- The exclamatory sentence expresses a sudden emotion. It ends with an exclamation mark.(!)
Types Of Sentences CBSE Class 4
Read the picture story.
Types Of Sentences Exercises For Class 4
A. Read the following sentences and state their kind.
1. Please leave your footwear outside. ____________
2. Will you wait here? ____________
3. Where have you been all this while? ____________
4. We will not tolerate this. ____________
5. I am your friend. ____________
6. My sister lives in Mexico. ____________
7. What did you do then? ____________
8. Please be more careful next time. ____________
9. Never speak to me like that again. ____________
10. Always remember what I told you. ____________
Types Of Sentences Class 4
B. Punctuate the following sentences and write whether they are Declarative, Interrogative or Exclamatory.
1. Do you like chewing gum ____________
2. Drew dropped his book ____________
3. My teacher likes to read ____________
4. What is your address ____________
5. Who is your teacher ____________
6. What a beautiful day ____________
7. I love this book ____________
8. An island is surrounded by water ____________
9. You won ____________
10. Computers are a great way to learn ____________
Types Of Sentences Worksheet For Class 4
C. Change the assertive sentences into exclamatory sentences.
1. It is a very nice bird.
2. It was the most exciting match.
3. They were the most wonderful examples.
4. The rose is a very beautiful flower.
5. Rohit is a clever boy.
Exclamatory : ____________
Types Of Sentences For Class 4
D. Do as directed
1. Make the sentence a question: There is a window. ____________
2. Make the sentence negative: You saw his sister. ____________
3. Make the sentence a question: There are tools. ____________
4. Make the sentence negative: I looked through the window. ____________
5. Make the sentence a question: There is change. ____________
6 . Make the sentence negative: I wanted to help. ____________