This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
How Much and How Many Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers
- Describing words which describe the amount or quantity of something without knowing its exact number is called adjectives of quantity.
- Some, any, much, many, lots of, plenty of, a few, a little.
- We use ‘Some’ with countable and uncountable nouns.
- We use ‘Any’ with negative words or after not. We also use ‘any’ with questions usually.
- We use ‘Many’ with countable nouns.
- We use ‘Much’ with uncountable nouns.
- We use ‘A few’ with countable nouns.
- We use ‘A little with uncountable nouns.
- We use ‘A lot of’ and ‘A plenty of’ with both countable nouns and uncountable nouns.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. How much sugar does a girl need? _____________
2. Which describing word is used for candies? _____________
3. Does a girl have any idea of exact amount of grocery items? _____________
B. Match the following describing words used with the items given in the story above.
- Some – Eggs
- Many – items
- Much – Black pepper
- Any – Sugar
- A few – Flour
- A little – Candies
How Much and How Many Worksheet Exercises with Answers for Class 3 CBSE PDF
A. Fill in the blanks with ‘a few’ or ‘a little’.
1. I like to eat _____________ food before I sit down to study.
2. I have only _____________ coins in my pocket.
3. COOK the food in _____________ oil.
4. He has given me _____________ books to read.
5. There is _____________ milk left for making tea.
B. Fill in the blanks with ‘some’, ‘any’, ‘a lot of’, ‘plenty of’.
1. I would like _____________ more chocolates, please.
2. I don’t want _____________ apples.
3. Is there _____________ money in the bag?
4. I can’t find _____________ money in the bag.
5. I think there is _____________ money in the box.
6. We ate _____________ food and nothing was left for Rani.
7. We had _____________ fun at the picnic.
C. Fill in the blanks with ‘much’ or ‘many’.
1. How _____________ legs does a spider have?
2. How _____________ milk does your cow give?
3. The game will be over soon. There isn’t _____________ time left.
4. I have told you this _____________ times before.
5. There’s not _____________ food in the fridge for you.
6. Her mother added _____________ items to the list later.
7. He is getting bald. He doesn’t have _____________ hair left on his head.
8. _____________ people drive cars these days.
9. I don’t have _____________ money in my pocket.
10. _____________ animals live in the jungle.