This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Interrogative Adverbs Exercises for Class 5 CBSE with Answers PDF
Interrogative adverbs are used for asking questions.
Where, when and how ask about the place, time and manner of an event or an action. Why asks the reason for it.
They are usually used in the beginning of a sentence.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. What did Naina ask first? ____________
2. What did she want to know next? ____________
3. What was Naina’s last question to Jatin? ____________
B. Fill in the blanks with suitable interrogative adverbs.
1. ____________ are you wasting my time?
2. ____________ will he go to Delhi?
3. ____________ will you learn manners?
4. ____________ did you fare in the examination?
5. ____________ do you blame me?
6. ____________ big is your house?
C. Form a question for each sentence below.
I laugh at the clown.
My birthday is on 2nd October.
There are 23 girls in our team.
I visited Mumbai in July.
I have come here to get my assignment.
Interrogative Adverbs Exercises with Answers for Class 5 CBSE PDF
A. Fill in the blanks with suitable interrogative adverbs.
1. I cannot switch on this recorder, _____________ do you do it?
2. _____________ have you kept the books? I have been looking for them all day.
3. _____________ many questions did Sameer answer?
4. _____________ has John come so early? Nobody will come before evening.
5. _____________ important is the letter? Should I send it immediately?
B. Use ‘how’ below to complete each question.
1. _____________ will you stay here?
2. _____________ do you visit them?
3. _____________ Locus can you begin work?
4. _____________ students are there in the class?
5. _____________ does the committee meet?
6. _____________ did you arrive at the conclusion?
7. _____________ are you doing?
8. _____________ did you pay? can you go?
9. _____________ do you want?
10. _____________ was the experience?
11. _____________ did you do it?
C. Fill in the blanks with interrogative adverbs.
1. _____________ do you live?
2. _____________ will you visit Singapore again?
3. _____________ did you get this beautiful dress from?
4. _____________ have you solved this problem?
5. _____________ are you? is your father?
6. _____________ happened to your old car?