NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 4 The Treasure Within are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 4 The Treasure Within.
|Subject||English It So Happened|
|Chapter Name||The Treasure Within|
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 4 The Treasure Within
COMPREHENSION CHECK (Page 28)
1. What did Hafeez Contractor have nightmares about ?
2. What did the Principal say to him, which influenced him deeply ?
3. “… that year I did not step out onto the field.” What was he busy doing that year ?
4. (i) What “distraction” did Hafeez Contractor create one day ?
(ii) Would you have liked to participate in the “distraction” had you been with him ? Answers
1. Hafeez Contractor had nightmares about mathematics examination.
2. The Principal said to Hafeez Contractor that he must rise to the occasion. He asked him to study hard for his SSC examination.
3.He was busy studying books that year.
4.(i) He played chor-police for an hour.
(ii) Yes.Every school-boy loves distractions.
COMPREHENSION CHECK (Page 28)
1. Hafeez Contractor wanted to join the police force. Why didn’t he ?
2. In the architect’s office, Hafeez Contractor was advised to drop everything and join architecture. Why ?
3. (i) What was Mrs Gupta’s advice to Hafeez Contractor ?
(ii) What made her advise him so ?
4. How did he help fellow students who had lost a button ?
5. Which rules did he break as a school boy ?
6. (i) What is Hafeez Contractor’s definition of mathematics ?
(ii) How would you want to define mathematics ? Do you like the subject ?
1. He couldn’t join the police force because his mother did not like him to. She asked him to do his graduation.
2. The architect found that Hafeez Contractor had the potential of becoming a great architect. So Hafeez Contractor was advised by the architect to drop everything and join architecture.
3. (i) Mrs Gupta’s advice to Hafeez Contractor was to become an architect on growing up.
She was Hafeez Contractor’s teacher in 3rd standard.
(ii) Mrs Gupta saw that Hafeez Contractor’s sketches were very good. It is a quality needed by an architect. She therefore advised him to become an architect.
4. With the help of a blade, he would cut a button from the chalk. With this no one noticed the loss of the real button.
5. As a school boy he broke many rules. Until his 11th class he always copied to pass his examinations.
6. (i) According to Hafeez Contractor, putting many things together and making a sketch is mathematics.
(ii) I would like to define mathematics as the purest branch of science. I, of course, like it.
EXERCISE (Page 32)
Answer the following questions.
Is it likely that someone who is original and intelligent does not do very well at school ? Should such a learner be called a failure? If not, why not?
It is quite likely. Such a learner should not be called a failure. It is so because very often these people are found to rise high.
Who, in your view, is an ‘unusual’ learner?
An unusual learner is one who is a genius in some particular subject or field. He may be no good in all others.
What can schools do to draw out the best in unusual learners? Suggest whatever seems reasonable to you.
The schools should encourage them to learn what they like best.
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 4 The Treasure Within help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 8 English It So Happened Chapter 4 The Treasure Within, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.