This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Plural Possessive Nouns Worksheet for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
- Possessive nouns are used to show that something belongs to someone.
- We add an apostrophe s (‘s) at the end of a noun to show possession.
We do the same if the noun already ends with ‘s’.
- (Julius’s Slippers) The slippers belong to Julius.
- (John’s book) The book belongs to John.
A noun that shows ownership of more than one person is a plural possessive noun.
- (The doctors’ coats) The coats belong to the doctors.
- (The girls’ restroom) The restroom belongs to the girls.
To make an irregular plural noun that does not end in ‘s’, add an apostrophe and ‘s’ at the end.
- (The children’s toys) The toys belong to the children.
A. Answer the following questions according to the story.
1. Who loved birds? ____________
2. Where were the pigeons’ roosts? ____________
3. Whose eggs were in the flower pots? ____________
B. Write the possessive form of the nouns given in the brackets.
1. This is ____________ homework. (Mohan)
2. The ____________ pants are black. (boy)
3. The ____________ feathers are yellow. (bird)
4. This is ____________ jacket. (Nancy)
5. The ____________ toy is noisy. (dog)
Plural Possessive Nouns Worksheets with Answers for Class 3 CBSE PDF
A. Write the correct possessive nouns for the following sentences.
The ball belongs to the boys. ______ the boys’ ball ______
1. The car belongs to the man. ____________
2. The dinner belongs to the family. ____________
3. The books belong to the students. ____________
4. The candy belongs to Jyoti. ____________
5. The mess belongs to the dogs. ____________
B. Write plural possessive forms for the word given in the brackets.
1. The water was filled with the ____________ nets. (fishermen)
2. Everyone knew that the forest was the ____________ territory. (wolves)
3. The ____________ bedroom is painted blue. (boys)
4. The ____________ cribs were in perfect rows at the nursery. (babies)
5. The ____________ wings were very big. (airplanes)