This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Present Continuous Tense Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
- We use Present continuous tense when actions are taking place in the present.
- We use Is, Am, Are as Helping verb.
- We use +ing with the Main verb.
Read the picture story.
A. Answer the following questions as per the story,
1. What is the cousin doing?
2. What is the bird doing in the story?
3. What are the parents doing?
B. Match the verbs with its continuous forms.
Play – is eating
Eat – is playing
Hide – is hiding
Present Continuous Tense Worksheets for Grade 4 with Answers CBSE PDF
A. Tick the correct words in the brackets.
1. The man (am, is, are) wearing a cap.
2. Birds (am, is, are) sitting on treetops.
3. We (am, is, are) learning grammar.
4. People (am, is, are) walking in the streets.
5. A kite (am, is, are) flying high up in the sky.
B. Fill in the blanks with the present continuous tense.
1. I _________ _________ chocolates, (eat)
2. My friends _________ _________ me. (call)
3. It _________ _________ outside, (rain)
4. Meena and Rita _________ _________ to school, (go)
5. The children _________ _________ noise, (make)
6. Ouch, you _________ _________ on my toe! (step)