Pronouns Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE
Definition of Pronoun:
A pronoun is a word that is used in place of a noun and does the work of a noun. A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a common noun or a proper noun.
This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/pronouns-exercises-for-class-3/
Pronouns Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
A pronoun is a word that can be used to take the place of a noun. The noun to be replaced can be the name of a person, place, animal or thing. Personal, Reflexive, Emphasising, Demonstrative, Interrogative, Possessive are the different types of pronouns. Personal Pronouns: Pronouns that stands for a person or a thing are called Personal Pronouns. i.e. I, we, you, he, she, it and they are personal pronouns. The pronoun must agree in number with the noun that it replaces. If the noun is in the singular form, the pronoun must also be in the singular form. And, if it is in the plural form, the pronoun must also be in the plural form.
Singular: The boy is playing with his puppet. He has a sock puppet.
Plural: The boys are playing with their puppets. They have puppets of various colours.
Pronouns Worksheet Exercises Class 3
- Words that are used in place of nouns are called pronouns.
- We use I, he, she, it, we, you, they so that we don’t have to repeat the
- names of people, places or things again. . I, he, she, it, we, you, they are subject pronouns.
- We use I, He, She, It in place of names to talk about only one person.
- We use We, You, They in place of names to talk about more than one person.
- This is used for nearby objects. That is used for objects that are far away. (one object) These is used for nearby objects.
- Those is used for objects that are far. away. (more than one object) Me, us, you, him, her, it, them are also called pronouns.
- These are object pronouns.
- ‘Me’ introduces ‘l’ in a sentence.
- ‘Us’ introduces ‘We’ in a sentence.
- ‘Him’introduces ‘He’ in a sentence.
- ‘Her’ introduces ‘She’ in a sentence.
- ‘It’ introduces ‘object’ in a sentence.
- ‘Them’ introduces ‘They’ in a sentence.
Pronouns Exercises for Class 3 with Answers CBSE PDF
Pronouns Worksheet For Class 3
A. Change the underlined word or words to a pronoun and rewrite each sentence.
1. Mala made dinner for the whole family. ______________________
2. Tina played ball with Ricky and Kayra. ______________________
3. Mr. Sharma went to the movies with Mrs. Sharma. ______________________
4. The house needs a fresh coat of paint. ______________________
Pronoun For Class 3
B. Underline the pronouns in the sentences given below. Some sentences have more than one pronoun.
1. She went to the store with Anu.
2. Six of us had to squeeze in the tiny car.
3. Every Thursday, Kitty goes to Wal-Mart with them.
4. At the store, the cashier gave her some change.
5. When the sun comes up, he leaves for work.
6. I enjoyed seeing them on the playground.
7. Have you hung the painting on the wall yet?
8. If I eat all of these vegetables, mother will let me watch television.
9. We played with the puppy, then fed it a biscuit.
10. Have you seen the sandcastle we built?
Pronoun Exercise For Class 3
C. Read each pair of sentences and underline the words from the first sentence that the pronoun replaces in the second sentence. The first one has been done for you.
1. John and I went to the movie theater. We bought somepopcorn ‘John and I’ replaced with ‘We’.
2. The magiciancut a woman in half. Then, he pulled a rabbit from a hat ______________________
3. Mary and Tina played with the puppies. Mary tossed the ball to them. ______________________
4. Rahul went swimming with Paul. They dove under water. After an hour, it ran out ______________________
5. Suhani listened to music on her iPod. After an hour, it ran out of batteries. ______________________
More about Pronouns Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers
Pronouns Worksheet Exercises for Class 3
- Some pronouns show that an action affects the person who performs the action.
- They are called reflexive pronouns.
- A reflexive pronoun is used when the object of a sentence is the same as the subject.
- They either end in -self, in case of singular form, or -selves in case of plural form.
- The singular reflexive pronouns are:- myself, yourself, himself, herself, itself.
- Plural reflexive pronouns include: ourselves, yourselves, themselves.
- A subject in a sentence is the noun that is performing the action.
- The dog played. In this sentence dog is the subject. The object of a sentence receives the action.
- The dog played with the ball. In this sentence, the ball is the object because it is receiving the action.
Pronouns Exercises for Class 3 Summary Table
|Personal Pronoun||Reflexive Pronoun|
Read the picture story.
Pronouns Class 3
A. Answer the following questions according to the story.
1. How does the father pack his office bag? ________________________
2. How does a puppy go for a walk? ________________________
3. What does the mother do? ________________________
Personal Pronouns Worksheet For Class 3
B. Fill in each blank with the help of the story given above.
1. Which reflexive pronoun is used for the mother? ________________________
2. Which reflexive pronoun is used for the father? ________________________
3. Which reflexive pronoun is used for the puppy? ________________________
Pronouns Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers PDF
Exercise On Pronouns For Class 3
A. Use the reflexive pronouns in the box given below to complete the sentences. Then underline the noun to which the pronoun is referring. The first one has been done for you.
myself – yourself – herself – himself – itself – ourselves – yourselves – themselves
1. Pawan and Maya did the project all by themselves
2. I wondered about that ________________________.
3. Aditya hurt ________________________ playing hockey
4. The calculator will turn ________________________ off when it is not being used.
5. Make sure you clean ________________________up before the party starts.
6. Naina dusted ________________________off before she got back on the horse.
7. You and I have to ask ________________________that question.
8. Do you boys think you can handle this ________________________?
Pronouns Worksheet For Class 3 With Answers
B. Tick the correct pronoun.
1. Sameer, Tilak, and (I, myself) are headed to the camp.
2. Give the paperwork to (me, myself).
3. She accomplished that work all by (she, herself).
4. He just has to fix that (herself, himself).
5. I want him to do the job (he, himself).
6. I (me, myself) believe that too.
7. The players (theirselves, themselves) are willing to clean the field.
8. He gave (hisself, himself) a good lecture.
Class 3 Pronouns Worksheet
C. Complete the following sentences with correct reflexive pronouns.