This grammar section explains Online Education English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used.
Online Education Singular and Plural Worksheet Exercises for Class 3 CBSE with Answers
The plural form of some nouns is the same as their singular form.
- Singular – Plural
- sheep – sheep (not sheeps)
- deer – deer (not deers)
- fish – fish (not fishes)
- aircraft – aircraft (not aircrafts)
- salmon – salmon (not salmons)
Some nouns are always plural.
trousers, glasses, shorts, spectacles, jeans,
goggles, pants, scissors, tights
binoculars, pajamas, pliers
Some nouns are usually plural.
shoes, chopsticks, sandals, gloves
slippers, clogs, boots, socks
Read the picture story
Raju and Mohit visited lake with Reena and Gita.
A. Answer the following questions from the story given above.
1. What did Raju and Mohit take along with them Focus before going to the stream? ____________
2. Which animal was found in the woods? ____________
3. What did the girls use to spot fishes in the lake? ____________
4. Who rolled the first dice? ____________
B. Choose the correct plural form and write it in the blanks.
1. Three (girls, girl) went on the bus. ____________
2. The (monkies, monkeys) chattered in the jungle. ____________
3. The (sheeps, sheep) are sheared each year. ____________
4. Six (women, woman) ran in the race. ____________
5. The (children, childs) were playing. ____________
6. Monu wears his (trouser, trousers). ____________
7. Anita loves to wear (goggle, goggles) in the sun. ____________
Singular and Plural Worksheet Exercises with Answers for Grade 3 CBSE PDF
A. Choose the correct plural forms given below.
1. Trouser ( )
Trousers ( )
2. Shoe ( )
Shoes ( )
3. Socks ( )
Sock ( )
4. Deer ( )
Deers ( )
5. Gloves ( )
Glove ( )
B. Look at the pictures and complete the sentences with the correct words from the list given below.
sheep – species – series – fish
1. The cat wishes there were lots of ____________ look at!
2. Sonu is watching three different ____________ on television.
3. There are many different ____________ of plants and animals in the rain forest.
4. There are lots of baby ____________ to play with in the spring.
C. Use the plural nouns to complete the sentences given below.
1. Sahil cannot see without his ____________ (glasses, glass)
2. Meena hangs all her ____________ neatly in her closet. (dress, dresses)
3. Rahul wears his ____________ when he goes to bed. (pajamas, pajama)
4. Mohit wears ____________ so that he can exercise comfortably. (short, shorts)