This grammar section explains English Grammar in a clear and simple way. There are example sentences to show how the language is used. https://ncertmcq.com/where-words-for-class-2/
Where Words Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 Examples with Answers CBSE PDF
- Where Word is the word that shows the relation between the naming words, describing words etc.
- Where Words tell where something or someone is placed.
- In, on, above, below, under, at are all Where Words.
IN On At Month or Year.
E.g. in February, in 2010
E.g. on Monday, on Republic Day, on my birthday
1. Time of clock
E.g. at 5 O’clock, at 7:30 PM
The particular time of day or month or year.
E.g. in morning, in evening, in first week of July, in summer, in winter
E.g. on 5th of March, March 5
2. Short and precise time
E.g. at noon, at sunset, at lunch time, at bed time, at the moment, at the same time
Where Words Worksheet
A. Underline the ‘Where Words’ in the following sentences.
1. There was a sign above the door.
2. The ball rolled under a car.
3. She put the letter in her pocket.
4. I left the book on the table.
5. The crow is sitting below the tree.
Where Sentence For Class 2
B. Use the following where words in sentences of your own. The first one has been done for you.
|In||Please Come in.|
Was Were Worksheet For Class 2 With Answers
C. Choose the correct prepositions to complete the sentences given below.
1. A newspaper is ____________ the pillow. (in, on, under)
2. A ball is ____________ the car. (in, on, under)
3. Clothes are ____________ the closet. (in, on, under)
4. A cat is ____________ the chair. (in, on, under)
5. Candy is ____________ the bag. (in, on, under)
6. Shells are ____________ the stool. (in, on, under)
More about Where Words Worksheet Exercises for Class 2 CBSE PDF
- Look at the following table for more Where Words.
Preposition Use Example Across From one side to other side You mustn’t go across this road here. Around in a circular way We’re sitting around the campfire. Behind at the back of Our house is behind the supermarket. Between is on each side Our house is between the supermarket and the school. Near close to Our house is near the supermarket. Over above The cat jumped over the wall. In front of the part that is in the direction it faces Our house is in front of the supermarket. Next to beside Our house is next to the supermarket.
Read the picture story.
This is the picture of our sea-beach trip. We went for a picnic at the beach. The crab was crawling near the sea. The dolphin, behind the boat was jumping out of the water.
On the beach, chairs were besides the table. The little girl was sitting in front of the sand castle. The beach ball was lying between the girls.
Across the sea, the boy was in the parachute. The sun was above the sea.
A, An, The Worksheet For Class 2 With Answers
A. Answer the following questions as per the story.
1. Where was crab in the story?
2. Where was beach ball?
3. What was behind the boat in the picture?
B. Look at the picture story again and state whether the following statements are true or false.
1. The dolphin is under the water. ____________
2. The crab is near the sea. ____________
3. The boat is below the tree. ____________
4. The little girl is in between the sandcastle. ____________
Where Words Exercises with Answers for Class 2 CBSE PDF
Where Words Worksheet Exercises for Class 2
A. Look at the picture and state True or False.
1. The chair is next to the desk ___________________
2. The bed is opposite to the window. ____________
3. The computer is under the desk. ____________
4. The bookcase is on the wall. ____________
5. The bin is between the bed and the desk. ____________
6. The lamp is on the desk. ____________
7. The poster is above the shelf. ____________
8. The window is above the bed. ____________
9. The clock is on the bed. ____________
B. Fill in the following blanks with correct prepositions.
1. He climbed ____________ the hills.
2. My family usually eats dinner ____________ 8.00 pm.
3. Look ____________ the street before crossing.
4. There is a mango tree ____________ the lake.
5. My father took grapes ____________ of his bag.
6. The boy was standing ____________ the curtain.
7. The bench is ____________ the tree.
8. Neha and Vivek are playing ____________ of their house.
9. There is a fence ____________ the house.
10. We have beautiful flowers ____________ the garden.