Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Microorganisms: Friend and Foe with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have provided Microorganisms: Friend and Foe Class 8 Science MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well. https://ncertmcq.com/mcq-questions-for-class-8-science-with-answers/
You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Microorganisms: Friend and Foe to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Microorganisms: Friend and Foe Class 8 MCQs Questions with Answers
Choose the correct option in the following questions:
Class 8 Science Chapter 2 MCQ Question 1.
Alcohol is produced with the help of
(a) sodium chloride
(d) carbon dioxide
Answer: (b) yeast
Microorganisms Friend And Foe Class 8 MCQ Question 2.
Which of the following drug is an antipyretic?
Answer: (d) Paracetamol
Microorganisms Class 8 MCQ Question 3.
What helps in the rise of bread or dosa dough?
(c) Growth of yeast cells
(d) Low pressure
Answer: (c) Growth of yeast cells
Class 8 Science Ch 2 MCQ Question 4.
The status of algae in the aquatic food chain is
(d) small in size
Answer: (b) producers
MCQ Questions For Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Question 5.
The rod shaped bacteria are called
Answer: (a) Bacillus
Microorganisms Friend And Foe MCQ Question 6.
Bacteria present in root nodules of pea
Answer: (c) Rhizobium
Ncert Class 8 Science Chapter 2 MCQ Question 7.
The microorganism which contains chlorophyll
Answer: (c) Algae
MCQ Questions For Class 8 Science With Answers Chapter 2 Question 8.
The disease caused by protozoa is
Answer: (d) malaria
Class 8 Chapter 2 Science MCQ Question 9.
Which cannot fix atmospheric nitrogen in the soil?
Answer: (d) Penicillin
Ch 2 Science Class 8 MCQ Question 10.
The disease caused by fungi is
(b) chicken pox
Answer: (d) ringworm
Microorganisms MCQ Class 8 Question 11.
Which bacteria helps in settling of curd?
Answer: (b) Lactobacillus
Science Class 8 Chapter 2 MCQ Question 12.
Which microorganism causes AIDS?
(a) A protozoa
(b) A bacteria
(c) A virus
(d) An algae
Answer: (c) A virus
Chapter 2 Science Class 8 MCQ Question 13.
Which of the following disease is spread due to bacteria?
(c) Chicken pox
Answer: (a) Tuberculosis
MCQ For Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Question 14.
Which of the following is not used as food preservatives?
Answer: (d) Methane
MCQ Of Microorganisms Class 8 Question 15.
The process by which amount of nitrogen remains the same in the atmosphere is known as
(b) carbon cycle
(c) nitrogen cycle
Answer: (c) nitrogen cycle
Match the following items given in Column ‘A with that in Column ‘B’:
|Column A||Column B|
|Rust of wheat||HIV|
|Column A||Column B|
|Rust of wheat||Fungi|
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words:
1. ………….. are the smallest of all microorganisms.
2. Fungi consist of two main groups of organisms ………….. and moulds.
3. Moulds are aerobic but some yeasts can survive in both aerobic and ………….. conditions.
4. The presence of ………….. and the warmth stimulate rapid growth of the yeast cells.
5. Algae are ………….. like organisms and contain chlorophyll.
6. Agar is made from a type of red …………..
7. Protozoa are ………….. just as algae are plant like.
Answer: animal like
8. Paramecium is slipper-shaped ………….. and possesses a ………….. for its transport.
Answer: protozoa, cilia
9. Viruses use the energy of the ………….. cells to reproduce themselves.
10. Cholera, chicken pox are some well-known examples of ………….. diseases.
11. Carriers of specific microorganisms are called …………..
State whether the statements given below are True or False:
1. Microorganisms can be found only in air and water.
2. Protozoa cause diseases like dysentery and malaria.
3. Jams, jellies and squashes are preserved by adding salt.
4. Some bacteria and blue green algae present in the soil fix nitrogen from atmosphere and convert into nitrogenous compounds.
5. Anthrax is a dangerous human and cattle disease caused by a bacterium.
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 8 Science Chapter 2 Microorganisms: Friend and Foe with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Microorganisms: Friend and Foe CBSE Class 8 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.