Check the below NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 Water: A Precious Resource with Answers Pdf free download. MCQ Questions for Class 7 Science with Answers were prepared based on the latest exam pattern. We have Provided Water: A Precious Resource Class 7 Science MCQs Questions with Answers to help students understand the concept very well.
You can refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 Water: A Precious Resource to revise the concepts in the syllabus effectively and improve your chances of securing high marks in your board exams.
Water: A Precious Resource Class 7 MCQs Questions with Answers
Choose the correct answer:
On which day the world water day is celebrated?
(a) 23rd March
(b) 22nd March
(c) 21st March
(d) None of these
Answer: (b) 22nd March
Which year was observed as International Year of Fresh Water?
Answer: (a) 2003
Which of the following does not show water shortage?
(a) Taps running dry
(b) Long queue for getting water
(c) Marches and protests for demand of water
(d) A family gets three buckets of water per person per day
Answer: (d) A family gets three buckets of water per person per day
Seas and oceans are full of water on earth. However, a very small percentage of water present on earth is available for us. This percentage is roughly
Answer: (a) 0.006%
Which of the following is a way to use water economically?
(a) construction of bawris
(b) Rainwater harvesting
(c) Drip irrigation
Answer: (c) Drip irrigation
On which of the following day is World Water Day observed
(a) 22 March
(b) 14 November
(c) 2 October
(d) 21 December
Answer: (a) 22 March
The amount of water recommended by the United Nations for drinking, washing, cooking and maintaining proper hygiene per person per day is a minimum of
(a) 5 litres
(b) 15 litres
(c) 30 litres
(d) 50 litres
Answer: (d) 50 litres
“Every Drop Counts” is a slogan related to
(a) counting of drops of any liquid
(b) counting of water drops
(c) importance of water
(d) importance of counting
Answer: (c) importance of water
Water cycle does not involve which of the following?
(c) Formation of clouds
(d) Rainwater harvesting
Answer: (d) Rainwater harvesting
Which of the following inhibits the seepage of rainwater into ground?
(a) A pukka floor
(c) Grass lawn
(d) Forest land
Answer: (a) A pukka floor
Match the following:
|Column A||Column B|
|(i) Solid||(а) Water under water table|
|(ii) Liquid||(b) Traditional way of collecting water|
|(iii) Gas||(c) Water between the hard rocks|
|(iv) Groundwater||(d) Ice, snow|
|(v) Aquifer||(e) Water in ponds, rivers, oceans|
|(vi) Bawri||(f) Water vapour|
|Column A||Column B|
|(i) Solid||(d) Ice, snow|
|(ii) Liquid||(e) Water in ponds, rivers, oceans|
|(iii) Gas||(f) Water vapour|
|(iv) Groundwater||(а) Water under water table|
|(v) Aquifer||(c) Water between the hard rocks|
|(vi) Bawri||(b) Traditional way of collecting water|
Fill in the blanks:
1. Water on the earth has been maintained for millions of years by various processes which make ………………..
Answer: water cycle
2. the ……………….. form of water is the water vapour.
3. The ……………….. in the soil indicates the presence of under groundwater.
4. The process of ……………….. of water into the ground is called infiltration.
5. Water in the ……………….. can be easily pumped out with the help of tube wells or handpumps.
6. ……………….. was the traditional way of collecting water.
Choose the true and false statements from the following:
1. The water that is fit for use is called fresh water.
2. The water table varies from place to place and it may even change at a given place.
3. The water found above the water table is called groundwater.
4. Drip irrigation has a disadvantage that it is associated with huge loss of water.
5. Water is essential for all living beings.
6. Plants wilt and ultimately dry up if they are not watered for a few days.
We hope the given NCERT MCQ Questions for Class 7 Science Chapter 16 Water: A Precious Resource with Answers Pdf free download will help you. If you have any queries regarding Water: A Precious Resource CBSE Class 7 Science MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you soon.